Kratom-Are you also wondering what Kratom is and why it is used? How does it look? Then you are on the right page! Here we will guide you through each aspect of this herb comprehensively.
For a quick overview:
Kratom is a herb acquired from Mitragyna Speciosa tree leaves. It comes in use for several purposes, including both medical and recreational. In recent times, Kratom has been legalised in many states. And thus, the industry witnessed a boom. With the boom, countless miraculous Kratom products have also sprouted up.
Now, let’s get to the details.
What is Kratom?
Kratom mainly comes into use as a herbal supplement with alkaloids, such as Mitragynine and 7-hydroxy Mitragynine. According to the American Kratom Association (AKA), about 10 to 16 million individuals in the United States habitually use it in their daily life. Some consume it by chewing, while others consume it by mixing it in their tea. People in Asia mainly use it as an energy booster & mood shifter.
Types of Kratom Strains
At the time of buying, the availability of Kratom, depending on the different strains, can puzzle your mind. So, before going to the market and setting your hands on the wrong product, it’s necessary to clear your mind by knowing the right product based on your requirement.
Apparently, in the marketplace, most sellers are marketing Kratom strains with various names and labels.
However, the common identifiers that you’ll notice are colors, i.e., red, green, and white. These colours represent the techniques of drying the Kratom leaves after harvesting. These colours are divided based on their vein color.
The experience comes from every colour strain, depending on the buyer and his choice.
- Red Kratom: The most prominent member of the Kratom family is red Kratom. It happens to be the most mature form of Kratom leaves. Perhaps that’s why it has the strongest effects on the consumer.
- White Kratom: White Kratom works as a mood amplifier and energy provider to the buyer. White Kratom, on the other hand, is the most restoring and refreshing Kratom on the market.
- Green Kratom: The properties of Green Kratom are nearly identical to those of White Kratom. If you seek a lighter version of White Kratom, then Green Kratom is for you.
Types of Kratom Consumption
Some common means of Kratom ingestion are:
- Kratom Capsules: Kratom powder sealed in capsule form makes it a Kratom capsule.
These capsules are typically easy to swallow but a little bit pricey.
- Kratom Tea: It is ideally used in a tea form by consumers. You can take it in two forms. Either you can have it in the form of teabags, or you can heat the water and add the powder to it.
- Chewing Kratom: Chewing raw leaves directly from the tree is a very rare method. But some people practise this act for the sake of saving time and money.
Method of Toss & Wash-Most Popular Ingestion Method
The most popular method of Kratom consumption is toss and wash. It is one of the traditional methods for ingestion of Kratom in powder form.
If you are a learner and looking for detailed guidance on the toss & wash method, then allow us to elaborate.
- Firstly, you have to place a measured dose on your spoon.
- Have a glass of water or any other beverage ready.
- Place the kratom powder on your tongue. You need to be very careful and make sure to not swallow or smell the powder.
- Sip a gulp of any beverage you have and mix it in your mouth.
- Swallow it and wash your throat by adding another larger sip to your mouth.
Possibly resisting kratom powder in the mouth without smelling can be hard for beginners. So, they can adopt an alternate method of toss & wash, which is pre-mixing the powder with liquid.
Kratom Capsules vs. Toss and Wash Kratom
In comparison with Kratom capsules, toss & wash is an inexpensive method. Due to the raw and powdered form intake, it starts processing right after getting into the body. Plus, it is easier to stock in bulk.
On the contrary, Kratom capsules are expensive but easier to ingest. These protect you from having to experience the bitter taste of raw Kratom. Compared to powder, Kratom capsules are safer for beginners because even a tiny mistake in swallowing powder can give you a cough in your throat.
Get the best quality kratom.
How to get authentic Kratom? How will you know the powder you are buying is good quality Kratom? Getting supplements with correct guidance and good quality can be tricky enough to give you a hemicrania.
But we are lucky that the American Kratom Association (AKA) provides us the services of guidance in their good manufacturing practise (GMP) program. They provide an authentic quality control structure to the entire chain of distributors. This procedure surely keeps a check on the safety standards of the product.
So, if you want to buy kratom next time, look for a brand name product that has fallen in love with GMP.
Kratom Frequently Asked Questions
Does boiling kratom kill the alkaloids?
Kratom contains alkaloids like mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine.
No, it is a fake rumour that boiling can kill them. These alkaloids are stable enough to resist the water boiling point. However, the raw intake of Kratom provides more benefits as compared to the boiled one.
Are Kratom and kava the same thing?
We can say that kava and Kratom have some similar properties. If we look thoroughly, kava also provides relaxation to the consumer. Plus, it also comes from a part of a plant.
However, there is a significant difference between kava and Kratom in that they both provide different benefits to their consumers and have contrasting effects.
How do you make Kratom tea?
Kratom tea is one popular product of Kratom, which explains why the process of making kratom tea is a common query. There is no hard and fast recipe, but here are some basic steps for your ease:
- Add water to a pan and heat it.
- Add the required dose of Kratom and a few drops of lemon.
- Stir the solution and let it heat until the water seethes. (Do not boil the water).
- (Optional) SweetenerNow your tea is good to drink.
After the detailed guidance and overview of Kratom, you can easily buy it as per your preferences. Just ensure that you pay your method of consumption an equal and due amount of attention, especially if you are a beginner!